Friday, 22 May 2009
Black N White
Black N White
Tutorial written by and © to Bits N Bobs 22nd May 2009.
Results are for personal use only.
No monetry gain allowed and that includes placing them behind a paid or donation based membership area.
You are not allowed to share/forward or translate any of my tutorials or place them on any blog, website, DVD or anywhere else without my permission.
These tutorials are written from my own ideas and any similarities to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.
All tutorials are for those with a working knowledge of paintshop pro.
I reserve the right to amend these terms at any time.
Font of choice for your name.
I am using Orator std that came with photoshop but you can also buy it here
Tube of choice.
I am using one by Barbara Jensen called 'Blonde'
Not to be used without a Barbara Jensen license
Kiwi burst tagger kit by Krissy's Scraps
I have used the following items from the above kit
frame 1, tag 3, jewelled metal doodle 1, painted butterfly 4, hanging beads 3, flower binder clip 1, paper 6
No outside filters needed.
This tutorial was written in PSP 9
Open all the supplies in paintshop except the font.
Double click on your font and minimize.
Drop shadow settings remain the same through out unless stated otherwise.
1. New transparent image 500x500 at 72 dpi
2. Resize frame to 400 pixels wide, copy and paste as a new layer on your new image.
3. Select center of the frame, selections/ modify/ expand by 5, copy paper 6, paste into selction, selections/ select none, layers/ arrange/ send to bottom.
4. Activate your tube, image/ greyscale, copy, paste as a new layer and resize as necessary. Selections/ select all, selections/ float, selections/ defloat.
Activate your frame layer and erase part of the frame so it looks like your tube is popping out the top of the frame. Selections/ defloat and add a drop shadow. * All drop shadows will use the same settings as below *
Colour black, OK.
5. Copy and paste as a new layer the jewelled metal doodle 1, position, layers/ arrange/ send to bottom. Duplictate this layer, image/ mirror, image/ flip, layers/ merge down and add a drop shadow with the same settings as before.
6. Activate frame layer, resize hanging beads 3 to 390 pixels wide, copy, paste as a new layer and add drop shadow as before.
Activate tube layer selections/ select all, selections/ float, selections/ defloat.
Activate your hanging bead layer and erase the part of the beads covering your tube, selections/ select none.
Activate frame layer selections/ select all, selections/ float, selections/ defloat, selections/ invert, selections/ modify/ contract by 2.
Activate your hanging bead layer and erase the part of the beads above the top of your frame, selections/ select none.
7. Activate flower binder clip 1, image/ flip, resize to 150 pixels wide, copy, paste as a new layer, position in corner, rotate using the raster deform tool and add a dropshadow as before.
8. Resize tag 3 to 270 pixels wide, copy, paste as a new layer, add a dropshadow as before.
9. Resize painted butterfly 4 to 100 pixels wide, copy, paste as a new layer, position and add a dropshadow as before..
10. Add your copyright info, watermark, name, crop and export as a png file.